Timetables for each course are distributed during induction week and then at the start of each subsequent term. Please note that although we make every effort to supply the full timetable, some changes are inevitable due to reasons beyond our control. All aspects of the timetable are compulsory.
The course includes modules on:
- Acting for Camera for screen & TV performance
Over the last three years ALRA Foundation students have gained places at such prestigious institutions as:
- Birmingham School of Acting
- Central School of Speech and Drama
- Bristol Old Vic
- and major Universities
The course is one year full time comprising 21 contact hours per week over four days.
Selection is made by audition.
Applicants should be 18 on enrolment (by the end of August just before the course commences). We also welcome the older student, especially those who are thinking about a career change. You don't need any formal qualifications but those seeking to pursue a University place will need a Level 3 qualification and should seek further advice.
- Entry on this course will not entitle applicants to a student visa. Prospective students must have valid entry rights to study in the UK. ALRA welcomes applications from international candidates whose written and spoken English is of a level appropriate to professional actor training.
- If English is not your first language you must be fluent in English (You may be asked for proof of this We need a level B2 in the CEFR system (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), a level 7.5 in the TEEP system (Test of English for Educational Purposes) or a level 6.0 in the IELTS (International English Language Test System).
|Fees for 2020 Entry||Term||Annual||Deposit||TOTAL|
|Foundation Acting North
|Foundation Acting South
Funding Information for the Foundation Acting and all ALRA courses can be found in Fees & Funding.
|Terms Dates||Autumn Term 2019||Spring Term 2020||Summer Term 2020|
The Stefan Thegeby Foundation Bursary
Foundation students can also apply for the ALRA Stefan Thegeby Foundation Bursary (£250.00) This is given to one student in the North and one in the South campus each year in recognition of the bravery of former student, Stefan Thegeby. Stefan Thegeby was a remarkable young man who studied on our Foundation Course before training at the Central School of Speach and Drama. Stefan was diagnosed with Ewings Sarcoma, a rare diease where cancer cells are found in the bone or soft tissue. He remained, throughout, an incredibly vibrant and creative force of life. To celebrate this, ALRA provide a bursary in his name toalling £500.00 which is usually split betwen the campuses.
Entry is by audition at ALRA. Applicants are selected on the basis of their aptitude and ability to contribute to and successfully complete the qualification.
To apply please click here to start your online application procedure. An audition fee of £45 is payable on completion of the form.